I love the start of a new year. It is exciting to think that each new year can bring a fresh start, a new focus, and an exciting anticipation of what lies ahead. I don't make New Year's resolutions. Probably the most significant reason is that I never can keep them. I may have wonderful intentions of keeping them but don't.
- To know Him and love Him more deeply (You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and with all your might - Deuteronomy 6:5)
- To memorize scripture more (For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. - Hebrews 4:12)
- To have a character that displays the fruits of the spirit ( But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23),
- To strive to be more of a Proverbs 31 woman (Proverbs 31:10-31), and
- To remember my body is a temple of God (Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? For you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20).