For those of you that don't know, on Tuesday nights we get the privilege to be a part of a 2+ hour prayer meeting with our family at GFA and once a month on Friday night, we get to participate in an all-night prayer. What's awesome is that Gospel For Asia was founded on prayer and it continues 30+ years later. (Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God -- Phillipians 4:6) I truly think that every week is a blessing from God that we get to be a part of these meetings. One of the most blessed times of the night is when a GFA leader speaks - sometimes it is Brother K.P. when he is not in India, sometimes his son, Danny, but last Tuesday it was a man named David Carroll!
This is a true man of God that loves the Lord with all his heart and it shows - We had the pleasure of meeting him during our time in Texas (he is the one holding the book in the blue plaid shirt)!! These are the things he shared -- please know this was his message, not from me -- but I share it here to encourage you as I have been thoroughly encouraged!!
Things that please God
1. Heartfelt worship, praise-(Noah, Gen 8:1-22; Heb 13:15).
2. Faith (founded on the unseen, not the seen; living for God’s Heaven, not earth) (Heb 11:6,: Heb 11:16)
3. Purity & goodness of heart (Samuel, 1Sam 2:22-26; Mk 12:34)
4. Obedience (of the mind and the actions; living out the fruit of the Spirit; children obeying parents) (I Sam 15:22; Eph 6; Col 3:20))
5. Wholehearted love for God (living only to please Him) (Luke 14:26, Luke 14:13)
6. Unity (Ps 133:2)
More things that Please God
7. Thankfulness in everything (Eph 5:4; I Thess 5:18)
8. Sacrificial giving (Phil 4:18; Heb 13:16)
9. Rejoicing always (1 Thess 5:16)
10. Praying w/o ceasing (for kings & all who are in authority) (1 Thess 5:17, 1 Tim 2:1-4)
11. Presentation of my body as a living sacrifice (including suffering for Him) (Rom 12:1)
12. Doing good works to others (Heb 13:16)
13. Doing service to God (Rom 15:16)