Monday, September 13, 2010

13 years and counting...

As some of you know, Dave and I celebrated our 13th anniversary on September 6th. 13 years - wow!! It seems like yesterday that I met this really tall handsome man with such a heart for God by one of the teens at church introducing us. It seems like yesterday that he told me he could not remember my name but remembered me as "the girl in the brown courdoroy overalls crawling across the pew to say Hi to someone at church during the fellowship hymn". It seems like yesterday when we became engaged only 2-1/2 months after "dating". It seems like yesterday that I walked down the aisle committing myself to this man for life before God. It seems like yesterday that we bought our first home together. It seems like yesterday that I told him we were going to have a baby... and then another one just 22 months separation from each other. It seems like yesterday that we put him through college. It seems like yesterday that we moved to South Carolina, away from friends, family, and all we knew to follow our hearts and ultimately for God to lead us to the plan the He now has for us in full-time missions/ministry with Gospel for Asia. Through all these times and so many more, God has blessed Dave and I tremendously. Don't get me wrong, it is not always easy! You have 2 very different people with 2 very different backgrounds, thoughts, and emotions coming together to live as one! No it wasn't always easy but I cannot begin to think what would have become of us without the faith we have in Jesus Christ. It is something that binds us together so strongly that even during those difficult times, we remain strong in Him. Truly to God be the glory for the things He has done!!!!! It is by Him and Him alone that we can stand together now more in love than when we first met, and truly each be others best friend! I love you David and am so excited to continue this journey with you and continue to grow and love you more and more each day as Jesus shows me how by His example. Thank you for being my teacher, our spiritual leader, an awesome father, and the very best friend I could have ever asked for!
Ecclesiastes 9:9 -- Enjoy life with the woman whom you love all the days of your fleeting life which He has given to you under the sun; for this is your reward in life and in your toil in which you have labored under the sun.

1 comments:

Braley Mama said...

You guys are so cute! Happy Anniversary!!!! HUGS!!!